By Helena Thompson (Editor-in-Chief)
We are Oberlin: artistic. Creative. Hosts to some of the most talented and revered musicians, actors, playwrights, and dancers ever to walk the earth…and home to quite a few talented students as well. This post serves to highlight the amazing performers that F+L has had the privilege to cover over the past couple of years. Enjoy!
- Ed Helms visits Oberlin; gets drunk and plays bluegrass on the Tank porch.
- Author Junot Diaz talks to F+L before his convocation address.
- David Edward Clark interviews Rhea Perlman and Danny DeVito during their visit to Oberlin in the fall of 2009.
- Experimental bluegrass group the Punch Brothers, featuring guitarist Chris Eldridge ’04 played for a packed house in Finney a couple years back. Man, that show was good. (I cried a little.)
- OMTA’s production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee brought peals of laughter to Wilder Main.
- Bela Fleck shares the beauty of African folk music with the Oberlin community.
- Bill Cosby and Stevie Wonder delighted Oberlin with their performances during the Kohl Building’s opening weekend festivities.
- Owen Pallet (formerly Final Fantasy) played at the Cat to an audience of eager Obies last year.
- Josh Ritter ’99 performs in Finney as last year’s third convocation speaker.
- I wrote a piece on the Oberlin music scene for Orientation Week 2010. It’s all right, I guess.
Here’s to many more years of outstanding arts coverage!